Sunday, March 27, 2011

U Shaped Raised Bed Garden

This isn't a home made raised bed, but I have to post it up because it has some good ideas for construction.  The original is a $600 kit that you can buy from Northern Tool and Equipment.

  • There is a vinyl-coated mesh fencing for the built in trellis along the back side.
  • The soaker hose has a holder to make it easier to water specific areas that need more water than what is provided by the irrigation system.
  • I'm assuming the raised height is about the height of an average table.  That puts it at 30".  This would make it easier on the back.
  • Walk-through gate is nice to keep pets out of the area.  I'm lucky mine doesn't like to eat the vegetables I grow.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200384124_200384124 is the link to the product.

    I tried looking online using the model number, but only came up with companies selling it.

    If I come across the manufacturer's website, I'll post it up.

    ReplyDelete